Sunday, July 4, 2010

Preface

I'd rather read than sleep. I've always been a big reader, as far back as I can remember. One of my favorite things as a kid was to create a huge tower of books at the library, check them out and take them home, and read them all before they were due. It felt then (and still does) like the ultimate gluttony - all the books I can read and all the time I need to do it.

I'm a public librarian in a very large metropolitan city now and serve on a book award committee. I'm so lucky to be an adult surrounded by all the books I can read. Time is what stands in my way now, but I don't mind skipping a little sleep in order to read!

As a reader and librarian, I love to recommend books. I know not everyone wants to or can read as much as I do, so I love finding the right book for the right reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment